The goal of the Battle River Vikings Club volleyball program is to assist in developing the total, complete volleyball athlete in preparation for post-secondary volleyball at CIS, CCAA and NCAA institutions.
How to achieve this goal:
- Training and competing at the highest level
- An environment conducive to developing the total person with regard to physical fitness, personal conduct, commitment to community, and balanced priorities.
- Hard word, self-sacrifice, teamwork.
Be willing to attend all practices (events may prevent this every now and then).
- Athletes must recognize their roles.
- Love for the game from both Athlete and Coach.
- Professionalism amongst coaches.
- Respect for the athletes.
- Respect for the coaches.
- Each athlete will an opportunity to compete for playing time.
- Playing time is not guaranteed and may not be equal.
- Willing to become a part of, and are committed to, a shared goal or vision, that is larger than themselves and that presents a meaningful challenge.
- Hold themselves jointly accountable for the outcome of the project.
- Work well together and enjoy doing so.
Athlete must be willing to have an open mind and be willing to learn new things.
The journey from club tryouts to season-ending tournaments is often littered with detours, surprises and a few disappointments. Athletes who meet the inevitable challenges head-on and learn from their experiences often end up better volleyball players and people.